NASO’s active involvement in EASO:
– Prof. dr. Ellen Blaak has served as EASO’s Secretary since 2012. Prof. Jaap Seidell has been EASO’s chair and Prof. Marleen van Baak has been EASO’s Secretary.
– Dr. Gijs Goossens has been a board member of EASO’s Young Investigators United (YIU) from 2010-2016. YIU has been established by Dr. Tommy Visscher (with Dr. Kirsi Pietilainen) and Prof. Marleen van Baak. Young members are encouraged to participate through EASO’s website. For information, email: [email protected]
– Dr. Tommy Visscher is a current executive for EASO, as the chair of the ‘Public health and prevention taskforce’, which has been developed and chaired by Prof. Jaap Seidell. Tommy Visscher joins the EU-platform for nutrition and physical activity. The taskforce has now a collaboartionwith WHO regional offices for Europe (Dr. Joao Breda). For information, email: [email protected]
– Prof. Lisbeth-Mathus Vliegen has chaired EASO’s Young Investigators Award committee and she is a current member of EASO’s Obesity Management Taskforce (OMTF) and EASO’s Bariatric Scientific Collaborative Group. Prof. Lisbeth Mathus-Vliegen is also a member of the committee for the worldwide guideline Obesity under auspicion of the World Gastroenterology Association (WGO) and the president of the committee for the worldwide guideline Obesity in the elderly under auspicion of the World Gastroenterology Association (WGO).
– Profs. Jaap Seidell and Wim Saris have chaired the European Congress on Obesity (ECO) in Noordwijkerhout in 1992. Prof. Ellen Blaak and Dr. Tommy Visscher served as chairs for ECO in 2009, welcoming 2,400 obesity experts from all continents.