The Netherlands Association for the Study of Obesity wants to stimulate and appreciates the work of her young investigators. Therefore, the best publication in the field of obesity research in the year preceding our spring meeting will be awarded.
For this yearly award, the following criteria apply:
- you are a young investigator and first author on the publication. The publication is part of your PhD work.
- You are a member of NASO.
- At the time of publication, you have not yet, or no longer than one year ago, defended your thesis.
- The publication is an original paper in English language and published in an international peer-reviewed journal in the year (01/01 – 31/12) preceding the NASO spring meeting (available as ‘Epub’ or already published ‘in print’).
- You can send in the publication only once to be awarded for the NASO Publication Prize.
- The selection criteria include scientific quality, scientific relevance, social relevance, and the extent to which the paper is related to the NASO aims: the study of scientific and clinical aspects of obesity and its complications. The selection committee will consist of the NASO board and other members of the NASO abstract committee.
To apply for the award, you must send in the application form, with written approval of your supervisor, to the NASO-secretary (email: [email protected]) under subject of ‘NASO Publication Prize’. The application deadline for the NASO Publication Prize is the same as the deadline for abstract submission.
Application form: NASO-Publication-Prize_application form
The prize (certificate and 250 euros) will be awarded at the NASO Scientific Spring Meeting.